Nose to Toes Wholife Pet Center Inc.
Effective: January 1, 2016
1. Nose to Toes’s Commitment to Privacy
- why we collect personal information and pet information;
- what we do with that information;
- what steps we take to ensure that the information is secure;
- who you should contact if you have questions or concerns about our policies or practices.
Children: We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, please do not provide information on our Sites.
2. What is personal information?
In general terms, personal information means any information about an identifiable individual. For example, this includes your name, postal and email address, telephone number, credit card number, demographic information and purchasing history.
Personal information does not include aggregate information, such as data about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. For example, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others.
We may also gather aggregate information about how Nose to Toes customers use our Sites. Aggregate information about product purchases helps us understand trends and customer needs, and assists us in product selection, product ordering and sizing, and the introduction of new products and services.
4. When we collect personal information
We only collect such personal information as is strictly necessary for the purposes outlined in Section 5. We collect personal information when you:
- apply for membership;
- renew your membership;
- contact us with questions, inquiries, comments, complaints or requests;
- sign up for certain products and services (such as rebates, and other business and consumer services, collectively known as the “Nose to Toes Services”);
- use our Sites;
- participate in any of our programs;
- place orders, make purchases, return or exchange items, or seek further information about our products and services;
- place orders or make purchases, return or exchange items, or seek further information about our company;
- enter into a contest or respond to one of our surveys; and
- ask us to place you on a “Do Not Email” list so that we can ensure that your wishes are respected.
5. How we use personal information
As part of our business operations, we hold and use certain personal information pertaining to you in order to process your requests, provide you with Nose to Toes Services, and to understand your needs so that we can serve you better.
Specifically, we may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Notifying you of recalls or safety issues;
- Approving you as a member when you apply for membership;
- Managing the provision of goods, services and privileges to you, including monitoring your membership, processing exchanges or returns;
- Managing invoicing, accounting and information security services related to our transactions with you;
- Monitoring your satisfaction with our programs, including the Nose to Toes Membership program, the services offered by our suppliers and contacting you regarding the status of such programs and services (for example, to inform you of changes to or the termination of particular Nose to Toes Services);
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of Nose to Toes, its customers, employees, or the public;
- Internal management purposes, including planning, resource allocation, policy development, quality improvement, monitoring, audit, evaluation and reporting;
- As described in our “Online privacy practices” in Section 11 below;
- Managing our “Do Not Email” lists; and
- Using personal information to create aggregate information as described above in Section 2.
6. Your consent is needed
Nose to Toes will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information. The method of obtaining this consent depends on the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed. If there is a specific need to collect, use or disclose your personal information that is considered sensitive, we will obtain your express consent to collect, use or disclose that information. Your express consent may be provided in writing, verbally or electronically. Where you voluntarily give us personal information, we will consider your consent to be implied.
Should you decide to withdraw your consent allowing Nose to Toes to collect, use, or disclose your personal information considered reasonable to fulfill the needs of our relationship, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the programs, services or benefits offered under our programs.
7. We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information
We will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of programs and services. You may do that when you receive a communication from us, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
We do not give or sell any personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have given express consent for us to do so.
We may disclose your personal information within our company, to affiliated companies, and to other companies or organizations that provide services on our behalf, whether upon our direction or the direction of a third party. We will only provide those companies and organizations the information required to deliver the service and will prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose. These companies and organizations with which we share your personal information are bound by appropriate agreements with Home Hardware Stores Limited to secure and protect your personal information.
We may disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally authorizes us or requires us to do so. We may also disclose personal information to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Nose to Toes, its customers, employees or other members of the public.
Except as set out above, we do not sell, rent, share or disclose the personal information we hold or make our membership list available to others for a fee without your consent.
8. We will limit the length of time we retain your personal information
Nose to Toes will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. We will only keep your personal information on our records so long as it is needed for its identified purposes, or as required by law.
9. We will keep your personal information up to date and accurate
Nose to Toes will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary. By contacting our Privacy Officer, you may update and amend your personal information we have on file to ensure its accuracy and completeness. If there is a disagreement or a discrepancy with regard to an issue of accuracy, this will be noted on your file.
10. We will protect your personal information
Nose to Toes utilizes safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Appropriate safeguards will also be used when we destroy your personal information. We employ physical, administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect personal information, and insist that our Service Providers do the same. Please be aware though that, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect and no systems are impenetrable. Your privacy can be enhanced by taking care to use suitably strong passwords that others cannot guess, that are kept safe by you, and that are not re-used on other sites. Taking steps like avoiding dictionary words or proper names, and adding extra character and punctuation marks can also help protect you. If you believe your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately.
11. Your right to access
Nose to Toes supports your right to access personal information that we have collected about you. To make a request for access to your personal information we have on file, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Note that complete access cannot be guaranteed due to certain legal restrictions to your right to access. For example, you will not have access to files that contain information about other individuals or information that is confidential to Nose to Toes. If you are denied access, Nose to Toes will notify you of the reason and of any recourse available to you. Nose to Toes will also endeavor to provide you with the factual information that pertains to you and is contained in those files.
12. Online privacy practices
Collection: We may collect personal information and personal health information online when you visit our Sites as described in Sections 4 and 7.
Cookies help us to customize our home page for you and to better display pages according to your browser type. While cookies are optional for browsing NoseToToes.ca, they are required for registering, logging on, purchasing or adding items to your cart. If you wish to purchase items or set up an account on NoseToToes.ca, you will need to accept a NoseToToes.ca cookie. (In order to control the ability of website providers to place cookies on your computer, you should consult your browser’s “Options” and “Help” pages to learn how to adjust your settings to suit your privacy preferences.)
Use: We use personal information collected online as described in Sections 5 and 7 above. In addition, we use personal information:
- to facilitate and monitor certain features of the Sites that you choose to interact with, such as online forums, feeds and chatrooms;
- to respond to your questions and concerns and to understand your needs and preferences;
- to conduct surveys and other research;
- to provide you with customized Site content and advertising;
- to fulfill your online orders for products and services and to facilitate product deliveries, pickups and returns;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Nose To Toes, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Sharing: We share personal information and personal collected online as described in Sections 6 and 7 above. In addition, we may provide Service Providers with certain information that is necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, if you request shipment for a purchase, we may provide your address to the shipping carrier and customs Service Provider, and if you pay by credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). We also may use Service Providers to host and administer the Sites, process and store data, and fulfill other technologyrelated functions on our behalf. However, we only give or permit access to vendors, suppliers and other Service Providers involved in Site administration and the commerce distribution chain the limited information needed to perform their duties and provide you with the products and services you order. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties.
Protection: Personal information we collect on our Sites is stored electronically, and may be combined with other off-line information. Personal information entered on our Sites is encrypted using a security protocol called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL encrypts information entered on our site before it is sent over the Internet. SSL also allows you to view securely your online account and registration information. Account information is accessible online only through the use of a password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information and personal health information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Sites by any person using your password. You are advised that, unlike communication within our Sites, we have no control over the privacy of your email communications with us while in transit. We recommend that you do not include confidential, proprietary, personal or personal health information in emails, including credit card numbers, passwords, prescriptions and other similar information. Also, if other people have access to your email account, they may be able to access your password and obtain personal information about you (such as your credit card information), or change information about your user profile. You should not use an email account operated by your employer because many employers have the legal right to access such email accounts. Please advise us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing 306-343-3647 if you believe your password has been misused.
511 33rd Street West
Saskatoon, SK S7L 0V7
Or by calling (306) 343-3647